The Academy School of Mining provides a comprehensive portfolio of technical mining skills programmes and covers all the major mining learnerships in the field of conventional narrow reef hard rock mining.
Our services are offered both internally to meet the direct needs of Gold Fields, as well as to external mining companies.
Primary courses on offer at the Academy School of Mining include
- National Certificate in Mining Operations for conventional underground hard rock Level 2
- National Certificate in Secondary Blasting Level 2
- National Certificate in Rock Breaking for conventional underground hard rock Level 3
- National Certificate in Production Supervision Level 4
- Mine Overseers Certificate of Competency
- Mine Managers Certificate of Competency
- Safe Production Supervisors development course
- Safe Mine Overseers development course
- Mining Health and Safety course
The Academy School of Mining
The School of Mining operates at three fully equipped learning sites situated on the property of the Gold Fields Kloof Mine
The GFBLA Central Campus
Technical Mining School, Number 7 Shaft Kloof
Underground Training facility, Number 8 Shaft Kloof
In addition we enjoy the privilege of having full use of training facilities at each of the Gold Fields operating mines namely
Our programmes have been designed to ensure full coverage of learning theory, practical skills application and workplace experience. Our learning approach integrates the latest learning developments and follows a fully blended learning philosophy.
Our practitioners are equipped to cover technical, managerial, leadership and safety training in one efficient package.
The Academy’s School of Mining’s top priority is to assist all our clients in their quest to ‘Develop Human Gold’.
Should you require any further information with regards to Mining programmes and training please contact:
Unit Manager Mining